Quick Read Saturday October 3rd, 2009
The S.C. House overwhelmingly wants Gov. Mark Sanford to resign. House Democrats on Friday joined their Republican colleagues in asking Sanford to step down.
Helen Ann Rawlinson has had a front-row view of the advancements at the Richland County Public Library. And she likes what she’s seen.
New lights and sirens to alert people out on the lower Saluda River that it is rising rapidly aren’t enough to improve safety there, two groups say.
When Dr. Edmund Taylor ponders the life of his great-great-grandmother Ann Wyche Taylor, he envisions her having a “marvelous life” in post-Revolutionary War Columbia.
Most read stories at thestate.com
- Best ever? Sky’s the limit for Culliver at safety
- Gameday preview: USC vs. S.C. State
- The art of TV tailgating
- Byrnes falls to the best
- Push for governor to resign growing
- S.C. mom dies from swine flu after birth
- 2 from Ga. dead after 4-vehicle crash on SC bridge
- Prospects Coming In This Weekend
- Gameday preview: Clemson vs. Maryland
- Historically black Ky. college has white queen